On this page:
- Support Local
- Information for Businesses
- Financial Support for Businesses
- Resources for Employers
- Resources for Students and Recent Graduates
- Municipal Services
Here are some ways you can support local businesses during this difficult time:
- Purchase a gift card for future use
- Buy a restaurant meal from a local restaurant for delivery or takeout
- Purchase a product/service from local businesses online
- Share and post about your favourite local business to help promote their services and let them know you are thinking of them.
Not sure where to start?
Economic Development Overview
- Ontario's Framework for Reopening After COVID-19
- Ontario's List of Essential Workplaces
- Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Ontario Supports for Businesses
Local Supports and Resources
- West Nipissing Chamber of Commerce
- Economic Partners
- Destination Northern Ontario
- The Business Centre Nipissing-Parry Sound
Federal Resources for Canadian Businesses, including:
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF): A special one-time relief fund to support businesses and organizations economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. $49.5 million has been allocated in support of Northern Ontario businesses and organizations.
- Emergency Community Support Fund: Funding for community-based organizations that serve vulnerable populations.
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA): Interest-free loans of up to $40,000 to small businesses and not-for-profits to help cover operating costs.
- Canada Business Credit Availability Program: Credit solutions for individual businesses, including in sectors such as oil and gas, air transportation, exports and tourism.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance for small businesses: Loans of eligible commercial property owners so they can reduce the rent owed by their impacted small business tenants by at leasy 75% for April, May and June 2020.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy: A subsidy of 75% of employee wages for up to 12 weeks if your business has been affected by COVID-19.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit: Provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks if you have stopped working because of COVID-19.
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund: Mitigates financial pressures experienced by businesses and organizations through your Regional Development Agency.
Canadian Banking Solutions (Canadian Banker's Association): Six Canadian banks will work with personal and small business banking customers on a case-by-case basis to provide flexible solutions.
WSIB Ontario Financial Relief Package: Defer premium reporting and payments until August 31, 2020.
Extended Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines (Government of Canada)
Dealing with Mortgage and Payment Difficulties (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation)
- Ontario Employment Standards Amendment Act (Infectious Disease Emergencies), 2020
- Canadian Business Resilience Network (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
- COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit for Ontairo Businesses (Ontario Chamber of Commerce)
Getting Your Workplace Ready
- Ontario Guidelines for Workplaces during COVID-19
- Preventing COVID-19 in the Workplace (Government of Canada)
- Getting Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19 (World Health Organization)
- Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Settings (Public Health Ontario)
- West Nipissing Printable Notices for Businesses
- Federal Support for Sectors
- Ontario sector-specific guidelines and posters to help protect workers, customers and the general public from COVID-19
- COVID-19 Small Business Help Centre (Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses)
- Support for Canada's Tourism Sector (Tourism HR Canada)
- Resources for Retailers (Retail Council of Canada)
- Resources for the Arts Sector (Canada Council for the Arts)
Federal financial supports for youth, post-secondary students and recent graduates, including:
Federal employment supports for youth, including:
- Student Work Placement Program
- Mitacs and the Business/Higher Education Roundtable (applications open until July 1)
LOCAL STATUS OF COVID-19
Visit the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit website to stay up-to-date on the latest information and local status of COVID-19.
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Ontario
- Health Canada
- Public Health Ontario
- World Health Organization
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (USA)